On February 5, 2019, part of the FAJB Staff and the Cannonball-American Airlines group visited 2 communities in the municipality of San Juan del Sur, in order to deliver backpacks full of school supplies. 42 packages of school supplies were delivered in the Nuevo Amanecer neighborhood to children who had participated in community service projects organized by Fundación students. The community of Los Barbudos was also visited, where 42 packages of school supplies for children and 4 packages of teaching material were delivered to teachers. In total, 96 packages of school supplies were delivered. Fundación A. Jean Brugger thanks the Cannonball Group - American Airlines for supporting and ensuring that children have the necessary materials for their school studies.
The staff of Fundación A. Jean Brugger held a welcome meeting on Thursday, January 31 at the FAJB offices for the seven young people and their parents.
The purpose of the meeting was to give them a full introduction to our Scholarship Program: the responsibilities and opportunities associated with a scholarshp, which include the maintenance of an 80% grade average (mínimum) and participation in communty service projects. Executive Director Vilma Bustos and Social Programs Director Alvaro Novoa gave a presentation of the different educational and social programs supported by Fundación A. Jean Brugger.
Our new students are:
1. Coralia Coronado, studying Journalism. UNAN- Managua / Sponsor: Anders Floderus
2. Lais Contreras, studying Public Accounting and Finance, UNICA- Managua / Sponsor: Anonymous.
3. Marvin Collado, studying Nursing, UNEH- Rivas / Sponsors: Union Church of Waban.
4. Pedro Herrera, studying Nursing, UNEH- Rivas / Sponsor: Neil Magneson.
5. Priscilla Carmona, studying Accounting and Finance, UPOLI- Rivas / Sponsor: Steven Correa and family.
6. Rubén Maldonado, studying Medicine and Surgery, UCN- Carazo / Sponsor: Kathleen Brugger and Kathy Knight.
7. Cindy Veliz, studying Medicine and Surgery, UCN- Managua / Sponsors: Laurie and Robert Carter
We are grateful to our sponsors, who are part of the Fundación family. Thank you for believing and trusting in our work. Thanks to you, we can be part of the professional and human development of young people from San Juan del Sur. The addition of these seven new students means 38 young people have scholarships in 2019.
Assisting San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, through education and opportunity